We wish to introduce to you Jan Hofmeyer Community Services (“JHCS”). We are:
• a non-racial, non-political charity organization, registered with the Department of Social Development as an independent nonprofit organization (009/757/NPO), on 1 August 2000, to uplift the marginalised communities of Jan Hofmeyer, Vredepark and
• JHCS is registered with SARS in terms of Section 18a of the Income Tax Act. Donations to JHCS may in part be recovered from
income tax returns in terms of this section.
• JHCS has a B-BBEE SED Beneficiary(100%) Recognition Certificate
We run the following facilities and programmes:
1. A pre-school, at 40 Second Street, Vrededorp. The pre-school aims to develop and stimulate skills for 24 children and preparing
them for admission to primary school. They start with breakfast, and receive tuition until 11:30 after which they enjoy lunch, before
departing home. Outings are arranged to the Clamber Club, Zoo and other educational events.
2. A Computer Training Centre. This service concentrates on the development and stimulation of skills for children and adults in
Computer literacy. Lecturers from the University of Johannesburg present these classes.
3. A Diner at 8 8th Street, Vrededorp. We provide one cooked meal per day, five days a week to approximately 282 registered
people of which 131 are children and 151 are seniors citizens. The diner is operated by the community, (i.e. the staff in the
kitchen are local volunteers) for the community, under the supervision of a Management Committee. The Diner is further used
for other educational events. In the afternoon the pupils do their homework under supervision. A limited number of entertainment
and recreational activities are arranged for children during school holidays.
4. The “Jannies Club”. The programme is aimed at children between the ages of 7 and 16 years from the Community. They meet
once a week for sporting activities to expose them to teamwork, a sense of belonging and self-worth as well as teaching them
ethical norms and values of society at large. Occasional outings are arranged for educational and personal development
5. Senior Citizens Tea. Once a month a special tea is provided for Seniors Citizens with a spiritual message and sing-along music.
JHCS provide and distribute clothing and blankets. Trauma assistance is available in cases of illness and death which is quite
prevalent in these communities.
JHCS receives no support from Government or any other NGO agencies. We are totally dependent on public support and assistance from
the business sector, schools, churches and individuals to enable us to provide these services on an ongoing basis. You are cordially
invited to contact me should your company be able to provide any form of tangible or financial support. You are most welcome to visit us
at the above-mentioned address.
Account Name: Jan Hofmeyer Community Services
Banking Details: Absa Bank, Cheque account
Account no: 4052414855, Branch Code: 334-705